Eggplant is a versatile vegetable that you’d want to have around. You can fry it by itself, stir fry it Asian style, or you can bake them or put them in stews for that velvety texture. In this article, we’ll teach you how to make a tomato eggplant bake that you’ll surely do over and over.
This eggplant casserole recipe will surely be a hit in dinners, especially with how simple the dish is.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Of course, an eggplant tomato bake will need those two vegetables.
No need to be particular about the shape of the eggplant as you’ll cut them into cubes anyway. For the others:
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2-3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
Here’s what you do to make your tomato eggplant bake:
1. To start this eggplant and tomato recipe, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease up an 8×8-inch baking dish as well.
Once that’s done, get out a medium skillet and set it over medium heat. Pour in your olive oil and add your onion and eggplant as well.
2. Sprinkle the veggies with salt and cook them until the onions and the eggplant both turn soft and tender, for approximately six to eight minutes. When they’re done, set them aside.
3. After that’s done, get out a medium bowl and add in your eggs and milk. Whisk everything together until it’s well combined before adding your cheese, thyme, salt and pepper as well.
Keep stirring everything up before adding the eggplant and onion as well.
4. With everything combined, pour the entire mixture into your baking dish and top it off with your slices of tomato.
When your oven is hot enough, throw the dish in and let the entire thing cook for 45 minutes. You’ll see soon enough that roasted eggplant and tomato go well together.
5. After the time is up, open up the oven and take a look at it. Make sure the top of the casserole is slightly browned and the inside is bubbly before pulling it out.
Let it cool for five minutes before cutting into it! Isn’t that an easy eggplant casserole?
There might be a lot of eggplant with tomato recipes out there, but this is something you should definitely try. This tomato eggplant bake is quick, simple, and most all, super tasty!
Source: 12 Tomatoes