From the title, I’m sure you gather I have pretty busy days. It’s true, and I wouldn’t change the opportunity for anything.
We made incredible sacrifices that would allow us to set our lives up this way and to keep it this way too. I’ll get into that in another post, but for this one—I’m going to share how I kick off my day.
- Text my husband
- In this season of life, my husband is on the road a lot for work. I hate not waking up next to him every morning. Though thankful he has a good job, we remain hopeful this season of him being away so much wraps up sooner than later.
- I grab my blend of Cypress, Raven, and Thieves and roll it on my neck. It helps me breathe better (I’m asthmatic) but I mainly use this blend primarily for that morning phlegm I wake up with (helllo terrible allergies). I roll some Raven down the bridge of my nose to open my airways and assist with keeping my asthma calm while I workout.
- I aim to workout daily. It helps me meet not only my fitness goals but also helps energize my mind for a more productive day.
- Protein Drink + Supplements
- A must after my rigorous workouts. This girl doesn’t mess around and I like to give my body a good boost after with a great Protein Shake and my Young Living Supplements.
- Coffee to make
- All the coffee.
- Shower + Dressed
- I shower in the morning and in the evening. The morning shower is to wash off my workout and to help me feel more put together in my day.
- Get my coffee ready. Yum!
- Can you tell I love my oils? I like to grab something refreshing like Grapefruit, Orange, Lime, or even Envision. I just add a drop to my palms, rub, and breath in deeply for a few moments.
- Bible reading
- I’m reading through the Psalms right now. I aim for one a day, but if I feel inclined to read more I will.
- Journaling and Prayer
- Journaling is new to me. I resisted it because I felt like it was a fad. And I’m one to usually go against the grain and resist falling into fads. But alas, there is something to it that I have fallen in love with.
- Every day I journal some reaffirmations and pray over these too.
- Before wrapping this time up, I like to pray for specific things that are on my heart, including my family and loved ones.
Plan My Day
- I add a drop of something refreshing like Grapefruit, Orange, Lime, or even Envision. I just add a drop to my palms, rub, and breath in deeply for a few moments and then begin my to-do list.
- To-do list
- My to-do list includes my non-negotiables for the days. Things I can’t miss tackling in my home, our homeschooling, and in my work.
- I also include what I call “like to’s”. This is a list of things that I’d like to tackle in the day if time allows.