I was so happy to get my hands on Sonlight’s PreSchool curriculum to share with you al! With so many parents facing the decision of sending their kids back to school or keeping them home and homeschooling them – I thought it would be a great opportunity how you CAN do this and how Sonlight can help you get into the groove of things with confidence, right from the beginning.
In full disclosure, this is a sponsored post and I’ve been compensated for my time.
A Look At The Curriculum: What You Get
When you order your box you’ll get everything you need to successfully teach a full school year of lessons. You’ll just need to buy notebooks, pencils, crayons, markers, and anything else you decide you need.
- Teacher Guide
- Your right hand helper throughout the year. From what to do each day to additional educational tips and even housekeeping tips! This will be filled with coffee droplets, highlighting marks, and penciled in notes within days. You’ll love this!
- Family Bible Time Book
- This is a super cute supplemental book for your Bible time. It has great Bible stories and pictures depicting these! Your little ones will enjoy this one tremendously.
You’ll also find these great books included:
- Mother Goose
- Richasrd Scarry’s What Do People Do All Day?
- Hans Christian Anderson’s Fairy Tales
- *S W O O N*
- Nana Upstairs & Nana Downstairs
- George and Martha
- so stinking cute
- Go, Dog, Go
- Noah’s Ark
- a gorgeous picture book
- Other Animal Friends at Maple Farm
- Horton Hatches the Egg
- Mike Mulligan and More
- A Big House
- Last Stop on Market Street
- Ian and the Gigantic Leafy Obstacle
- Make Way for McCloskey
- The Tall BOok of Nursery Tales
- The Bee Tree
Also included in the Sonlight Preschool Package is a board book called My First Spanish Word Board Book that is filled with real-life images along with their name in both English and Spanish.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! (did you totally see that infomercial guy in your head when you read that? No? Just me? okay…)
Sonlight is big on giving you all the tools you need to have a successful year. So, you know they didn’t forget about basic supplies! Kids learn best by DOING, right? Of course they do! It’s the best way to learn, and our littlest ones need to DO in order to learn well.
In the curriculum box you’ll also get Sonlight selected tactile materials that are especially effective for reinforcing pre-writing, pre-reading, and pre-math skills.
Here’s what’s included in the supplies kit:
- 11 sensory numbers (0-10) with textured surface
- 26 sensory lowercase print letters with textured surface
- 10 plastic geometric shapes with knobs and frames (insets are blue, frames are pink. Includes: circle, triangle, square, rectangle, oval, ellipse, curvilinear triangle, pentagon, trapezoid, and quatrefoil)
- large number flash cards 1-10 with written number and dots to indicate the amount
- nylon knife
- bingo markers
- 12 colored pencils with grip
- 6″x9″ clipboard
- child safety scissors
Your instructor’s guide will tell you how, when, and what to do with these!
Okay, so now you know what you get in the box… but how do you use it? How do you know how to structure your day, what to read, and what to do?
Sonlight’s Instructors Guide
As I mentioned above, this will be your right hand helper throughout the year. From what to do each day to additional educational tips and even housekeeping tips! Here’s a sample of what your first week will look like. Remember, this is just three days. You can also find a sample of the teacher manual by going to their website here and clicking on the “Samples” tab.
The Sonlight Preschool Package is a wonderful way to kick start your homeschool journey with hands-on learning, great literature, complete support for parents (instructors guide), and more!
With it you’ll be empowered to take the reins of your child’s education with total confidence.
In just three days a week, and about 30 minus a day, you can do it! Super lite and flexible which allows you revisit your favorite literature with incredible ease.
Your kiddo will fall in love with living books and learn to love learning alongside YOU.
Be sure to check out some additional resources on their website. You will find LOADS of information: