Hey, busy homeschooling mama! I’ve put together 10 easy family lunch ideas with you in mind. Let’s get real, most often – homeschooling days are crazy busy! And at least around here, if lunch isn’t fast and easy, we end up skipping it and snack all afternoon.
I’ve been determined to keep a list of super easy and fast to put together lunch ideas for those super busy homeschooling days.
10 Easy Family Lunch Ideas for the Busy Homeschool Family
These first 5 homeschool lunch ideas are total family favorites of ours! We eat them as often as we can!
1. Chicken Strip Tacos
This is such an easy recipe. You can buy the chicken strips pre-cooked and cut or you can buy whole chicken breasts pre-cooked. You can also buy uncooked chicken and cook up a big batch, store it in the freezer, and grab it when you need it!
Grab a tortilla, toss on a few pieces of chicken strips, add some cheese, heat it up for about 30 seconds and you have a delicious lunch!
2. Grilled Ham and Cheese
We all know the traditional grilled cheese, but why not add some ham (or any meat) to it? I like to toast up the ham on a skillet for a few minutes, then I prepare the sandwich and toss it on the skillet to grill it up. Super easy, super-fast, and very tasty!
3. Cold Pasta
I absolutely love this! My kids are pretty into it too. All you need is to cook up some pasta and when it’s done cooking drain it, then rinse it with cold water. Toss it in the fridge while you chop up some veggies. I use red bell peppers for a pretty pop of color, and some fresh parsley (you can totally skip this). I then pull out the pasta, add the bell peppers, and toss it all together with any vinaigrette dressing. Really quick meal and super refreshing!
4. These Baguette Slices Topped with Goat Cheese are so good.
I don’t make them enough, but when I do the kids love them! And, they’re super fast to make with very few ingredients.
5. Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. This is a recipe from Money Saving Mom. I love making a big batch and freezing a portion of it. It’s savory and we all love it! It’s a bit of work ahead of time (not something I would do day-of), but once you carve out that time ahead to make it – you’re lunch for the week will be easy breezy!
These next 5 lunch ideas for family are some amazingly easy and really tasty looking recipes! Can’t wait to try them all!
6. Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups from Cincy Shopper
7. Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese also from Cincy Shopper
8. Sweet and Savory Tuna Salad from Your Thriving Family
9. Fried Rice also from Your Thriving Family
10. Southwest Turkey Wrap Recipe from Thrifty Jinxy
I hope that these easy family lunch ideas will save you time when making your meal plans.
What are some of your easy go-to lunch ideas for those busy homeschooling days?