It’s either you love chocolate or you don’t. If you belong to the many people who love chocolate, then you can relate to the intense craving for the most amazing chocolate cake. Do you have a favorite brand of chocolate cake, or maybe, you’re dreaming of that decadent chocolate cake recipe that you can do at home?
Imagine creating your own signature chocolate cake where you can control the softness, sweetness, and frosting. Sounds tempting?
Here’s one simple recipe that you will surely love.
Ingredients needed for the best chocolate pound cake recipe:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of boiling water (or coffee for richer flavor)
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Decadent chocolate cake recipe steps to follow:
1. Before starting to create your gooey chocolate cake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
After that, get out an 8×8-inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
In the meantime, don’t forget to spray the sides and the bottom of the pan with cooking spray as well. Once that’s done, pour your flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer.
Give it a stir to roughly combine it all.
2. Once you are done, just add your egg, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix the whole thing on low until it’s all incorporated.
Once it seems well combined, increase the speed to medium and keep mixing it all up for two more minutes.
Don’t forget to add your boiling water or coffee into the mix and stir it up gently, resulting in a very thin batter.
3. When the batter is ready, pour it into your greased dish and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes in the oven.
When the time is up, do the toothpick test to make sure that the batter is cooked all the way through. We don’t want to end up with undercooked cake, right?
Let it cool off for 10 minutes before taking it out of the pan and cooling it the rest of the way on a cooling rack.
Making the chocolate frosting
1. Here is the part where we wait for our cake to cool down. While your cake cools, get out a bowl and pour in your chocolate chips.
Melt them in the microwave at half power for 30 seconds at a time. Stir between each increment and keep repeating until all the chips are totally melted. Can you smell that chocolate chips chocolate cake already?
Then, add your sour cream and vanilla to the melted chocolate and stir it up by hand until everything is well-combined and fluffy. You’re almost done with your chocolate frosted cake.
2. When your cake is cool enough, frost it with your chocolate frosting.
Cool it off a little more in the fridge for a while or cut it in and enjoy it right away!
If you want to make a chocolate layered cake, just change the ingredients or you can divide the cake into 2 or 3 layers.
In a Nutshell
Using this decadent chocolate cake recipe, you won’t have to wait in line or buy a cake outside. You can make one at home, and what we love about this is that you can customize your cake, change the frosting, and create your own magic.
Source: I Am Baker