Love apples? I’ve got a recipe here for you all today that the whole family is sure to love! I’ve had this apple recipe in our family recipe binder for years and it’s called apple butter oatmeal bars! But I keep forgetting to make it. It’s easy to make and super delicious!
Can we say YUM! Where have you been all my life, Apple Butter?! We know what to eat apple butter with, but did you know that you can create protein-packed oatmeal bars with it?
I whipped up this recipe super-fast and I must say it made the house smell pretty good while it was baking.
Prep time is max 10 minutes, then you bake it for 30 – 40 minutes (until it’s golden brown). This is something you could make with the kids and make some great memories in the process!
The star of the show is this beauty. Using apple butter, we can create this yummy recipe.
- 3 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats (I used Quaker)
- 1 and ½ Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 and a fourth cup of Sugar
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of room temperature Butter
- 1 and ½ cups of Apple Butter
(optional – ½ cup of Brown Sugar. We didn’t use this but I think next time we’ll try it to see how it tastes.)
I used a 12X9 Baking dish.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, add in butter. Mix together until combined. It’ll get crumbly, that’s what you want.
- Take about half of the ingredients and layer them in your baking dish. Pat it down with a spoon or your hand (I used my hand) to form a bottom layer.
- Pour Apple Butter on top of that layer and distribute evenly all over that layer.
- Take the remaining mixture in the bowl and begin sprinkling it over the Apple Butter layer until you have used all the mixture. Pat this layer down a bit too.
- Bake in 350-degree oven, for 30-40 minutes (until golden brown).
- When done, let it cool completely. We were a bit impatient hehehe.
Enjoy your apple butter snacks! Let me know if you make this for your family. I hope they love our recipe of apple butter oatmeal bars as much as ours did!