Hello! Welcome to A Diligent Heart!!
I am a wife to one, and a mom to three. We also have a little one in Heaven, whom we never got to meet, but look forward to the day that we will!
My days are spent taking care of my family, home, and teaching my children at home. When I’m not doing that I’m either reading, writing, sewing, crafting, painting (canvas, not wall), or catching up on my latest full-season find on Netflix or Amazon..
A Diligent Heart?
I believe diligence is a fundamental part of life, and we must be diligent in everything we do, so that we do it with purpose and not just with a fleeting robotic attitude.
See, I have a tendency to be a “lazy lifer”. Meaning, it is easy for me to just “go-with-it” and take each day as it comes. No purpose, no direction, no reason.
But I’m working towards being intentional and purposeful in everything I do.
I have always had a passion for writing, but never thought to do something with it. In 2012 all of that changed, and I purchased this little space on the World Wide Web.
What you’ll find on the blog
In this blog, you will find my musings on several topics such as homeschooling, homemaking, kids activities and fun, Christian living, family, self-care, and natural living. None of which I do perfectly, nor nearly perfectly – but I’m sure many of you will be able to relate.
You may even see a few posts here and there about fitness and health and you will also find book reviews, and product reviews. I enjoy reading and sharing books I love, and I enjoy sharing products I’ve personally used either myself or with my family.
I hope you’ll be encouraged by what you find on this blog, and work alongside me to live a diligent life.
23 Random Facts about Me:
- I love coffee, a bit too much
- I love green tea with honey
- My favorite food dish to make is Piononos (Puerto Rican dish)
- I’m Puerto Rican (moved to the states in ’06)
- My favorite color is blue (not quite sky blue, but not quite blue-blue)
- I’m a chick flick junkie
- I love anything that glitters
- I love to sew
- I’m a painter (canvas, not wall)
- I’m a closet pianist (played since I as 5, only my family gets to hear me play)
- Naps make me grouchy
- I miss the beach
- I don’t like winters as much as I thought I would
- I am a bit OCD
- and a bit ADD
- I crochet
- I have an unnatural phobia of ants (just writing that made me itch)
- I love to cook
- I love to bake
- I was a cheerleader in college
- My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving
- I love Bath & Body Works
- I have a really bad sense of direction
I was interviewed by Kathy over at Cornerstone Confessions. Check out my interview HERE.
Lets Keep In Touch!
- Subscribe to my daily posts or weekly newsletter
- A Diligent Heart on Facebook
- A Diligent Heart on Google +
- I’m on Pinterest too
- You can find me on Twitter and Google + as well
- Or, you can contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grab some coffee and stay a while :)
Below are some posts here on the blog that you can check out. Stay around a while, grab some coffee, and let’s get to know one another! :)