Hey hey!! Welcome!! I’m Marlene Griffith, the girl behind A Diligent Heart. I’m a coffee-loving, music-obsessed, homeschooling mama. I’m excited you’re here! My days are spent taking care of my family, home, teaching my children at home, and working from home.
When I’m not doing that I’m either reading, writing, sewing, crafting, painting (canvas, not wall), or catching up on my latest full-season find on Netflix or Amazon.
A Diligent Heart?
I believe diligence is a fundamental part of life, and we must be diligent in everything we do, so that we do it with purpose and not just with a fleeting robotic attitude.
See, I have a tendency to be a “lazy lifer”. Meaning, it is easy for me to just “go-with-it” and take each day as it comes. No purpose, no direction, no reason.
But I’m working towards being intentional and purposeful in everything I do.
I have always had a passion for writing, but never thought to do something with it. In 2012 all of that changed, and I purchased this little space on the World Wide Web.
What you’ll find on the blog
A Diligent Heart is on a mission to help women achieve healthier and happier lives by giving them the tools needed to defeat overwhelm and take back the reigns in the midst of this chaotic world.
The tools and resources found on A Diligent Heart will provide the solutions needed to have a healthier home, body, and mind. You’ll also find practical solutions, tools, and resources to get your finances under control, get your home and schedules tamed, and to help you educate your kids at home.
I hope you’ll be encouraged, refreshed, and inspired by what you find on A Diligent Heart, and I hope you will join in on the journey to living a purposeful life, diligently.
24 Random Facts About Me
- I love coffee, a bit too much
- I love green tea with honey
- My favorite food dish to make is Piononos (Puerto Rican dish)
- I’m a proud American
- I’m Puerto Rican
- My favorite color is blue
- I’m a chick flick junkie
- I’m fluent in sarcasm
- I love anything that glitters
- I love to sew
- I’m a painter (canvas, not wall)
- I’m a closet pianist
- Naps make me grouchy
- I miss the beach
- I don’t like winters as much as I thought I would
- I am a bit OCD
- and a bit ADD
- I crochet
- I have an unnatural phobia of ants (just writing that made me itch)
- I love to cook
- I love to bake
- I was a cheerleader in college
- My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving
- I have a really bad sense of direction (basically, don’t tell me to go North, East, or whatever. Just say left or right…or to turn left at the yellow house ;) )
Let’s Keep In Touch!
- Subscribe to my daily posts or weekly newsletter
- A Diligent Heart on Instagram
- A Diligent Heart on Facebook
- I’m on Pinterest too
- Or, you can contact me via email: email@example.com
Grab some coffee and stay a while :)
Below are some posts here on the blog that you can check out. Stay around a while, grab some coffee, and let’s get to know one another! :)