We’re heading into fall and I couldn’t be more excited! I love to bake, but summer months make it a bit difficult. It’s just too hot! I’ve got a recipe here for you all today that the whole family is sure to love!
Oatmeal Apple Butter Bars
I’ve had this recipe in our family recipe binder for years! But I keep forgetting to make it. It’s easy to make and super delicious! But first, let me share something our family is doing that I think is pretty awesome.
Supporting Local Farmers
Over the past year, our family has worked slowly towards eating more natural and farm-fresh foods. One of the things I was super eager to do was support hard-working farmers (local and non-local) by purchasing their awesome goodness.
I was recently able to sign up with Kauffman’s Fruit Farm to receive a box of goodness each month! Every month I’ll share what we get here on the blog, along with any recipes I make! So, in full disclosure – I am partnering with Kauffman’s Fruit Farm as a blog ambassador. I have received these Kauffman’s Fruit Farm Products for free; however, all opinions remain my own.
You might be thinking – but wait, you’re in Texas and they’re in Pennsylvania. They deliver and ship anywhere in the US! Yea, totally cool!
This is my first time doing something like this, so I was a bit weary of the conditions of the products and if we were going to like them. I was pretty impressed with how things arrived and how fresh everything was. My kids and husband couldn’t wait to devour everything! I’ve never had apple butter, nor have my kids – so for us this was a huge treat! (if your curious, this is the exact product we ordered)
Can we say YUM! Where haveyou been all my life Apple Butter?! I whipped up this recipe super-fast and I must say it made the house smell pretty good while it was baking. Prep time is max ten minutes, then you bake it for 30 – 40 minutes (until it’s golden brown). This is something you could make with the kids and make some great memories in the process!
The star of the show is this beauty.
- 3 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats (I used Quaker)
- 1 and ½ Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 and a fourth cup of Sugar
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of room temperature Butter
- 1 and ½ cups of Apple Butter
(optional – ½ cup of Brown Sugar. We didn’t use this but I think next time we’ll try it with to see how it tastes)
I used a 12X9 Baking dish.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, add in butter. Mix together until combined. It’ll get crumbly, that’s what you want.
- Take about half of the ingredients and layer them in your baking dish. Pat it down with a spoon or your hand (I used my hand) to form a bottom layer.
- Pour Apple Butter on top of that layer and distribute evenly all over that layer.
- Take the remaining mixture in the bowl and begin sprinkling it over the Apple Butter layer until you have used all the mixture. Pat this layer down a bit too.
- Bake in 350-degree oven, for 30-40 minutes (until golden brown).
- When done, let it cool completely. We were a bit impatient hehehe.
Enjoy! Let me know if you make this for your family. I hope they love it as much as ours did!